Hormone testing can now be done by using top of the line integrative methods and techniques. There are multiple reasons and benefits for an individual to complete a hormone test. These tests have the ability to help a patient understand their cycle, testosterone/ estrogen levels, why they are tired upon waking or throughout their day, and more.
Precision Analyical, Inc. has discovered a way to use scientists who have extensive experience and coupled them with the most advanced analytical methods and instruments. This allows them to achieve the best results when it comes to the dutchtest.
What is D.U.T.C.H?
D.U.T.C.H stands for ” Dried Urine for Comprehensive Hormones” and is comprised of multiple tests designed by Precision Analytical Inc. Dried urine samples allow scientists to see an entire day of hormones and measure multiple different aspects. There are different D.U.T.C.H tests that can be completed depending on the patient’s needs.
- Dutch Complete– This is a comprehensive assessment of sex and adrenal hormones and their metabolites. This test measures progesterone, androgen, estrogen metabolites, cortisol, cortisone, cortisol metabolites, creatine, DHEA-S.
- Dutch Sex and Hormone Metabolites– This test is focused on testing progesterone, androgen, estrogen metabolites
- Dutch Adrenal– This is important to measure because it controls the stress hormone and the levels in the body to help with energy upon waking. This test specifically measures cortisol, cortisol metabolites, creatinine, DHEA-S
- Dutch OATS “Organic Acid Tests”– This test will give insights to symptoms such as mood and fatigue. This test measures 9-OHdG, melatonin.
- Dutch Plus– This test uses 5 saliva samples to provide the up and down pattern of cortisol and cortisone throughout the day. This test adds salivary cortisol measurements of the cortisol awakening response (CAR) to the dutch complete to bring another important piece of the HPA axis into focus
- Dutch Test Cycle Mapping– This test maps the progesterone and estrogen pattern throughout the menstrual cycle. It provides the full picture of a woman’s cycle to answer important questions for patients with month-long symptoms, infertility, and PCOS. This test is targeted to measure 9 estrogens and progesterone that are taken throughout the cycle to characterize the follicular, ovulatory, and luteal phases.
How Does It Work?
One of the reasons that many practicing offices are starting to use the D.U.T.C.H tests is because they have an extremely simple sample collection. Patients will collect just 4-5 dried urine samples over a period of 24 hours. This makes transportation and collection of the sample hassle-free. The dried urine samples provide excellent results due to the fact that the collections offer a span of the entires day hormones. The time of testing looks as follows:
- The patient obtains the first sample at approximately 5pm ( dinnertime)
- The second sample is to be taken around 10 pm ( bedtime)
- This next sample is dependent upon each individual, but if the patient wakes to urinate during the night, a sample is to be collected at this time.
- The third sample should be collected within 10 minutes of rising. It is very important that the patient does not lay in bed after waking and they collect this sample within those allotted 10 minute time frame.
- Once the patient has collected their third sample upon rising, they should set an alarm for 2 hours, as this is when the fourth and final sample is to be collected.
As one can see above, these urine samples will be dry when sent off to the lab. Studies show that dried urine samples are stable for weeks and will give an accurate representation of the hormone levels that are being assessed. From here, the results are gone over with a team of clinicians from Precision Analytical with the doctor who ordered the test. This ensures that the best treatment protocol is created for the patient.
What Is The Purpose?
With the turn around time being just 7-10 business days, individuals can gain control fairly quickly. As mentioned, Precision Analytical uses the most advanced instruments to achieve the best results for patients. The main purpose is to create an understanding of what is going on inside the patient’s body and allows the treatment to be more specific and targeted to the individual’s needs.
I highly recommend the D.U.T.C.H test. Knowing and understanding your hormones and the times that they are rising and falling throughout the day opens so many doors. It allows an individual to have an understanding of why they are so tired or why they can not fall asleep and take distinctive steps towards correcting that issue, rather than shooting in the dark. In addition, it allows patients to have knowledge of what is occurring when it comes to their sex hormone metabolites. This test gives the ordering doctor a complete look at the patient’s hormones and ensures they can be confident in creating a treatment protocol. – Kenna Vaughn, Senior Health Coach
The scope of our information is limited to chiropractic, musculoskeletal and nervous health issues as well as functional medicine articles, topics, and discussions. We use functional health protocols to treat injuries or chronic disorders of the musculoskeletal system. To further discuss the subject matter above, please feel free to ask Dr. Alex Jimenez or contact us at 915-850-0900 .