Foot Orthotic SupportHow orthotics function to promote proper posture and alleviate back pain works like this.
- First, immediate support to the feet that are weakened, unbalanced, and lack physiological strength is provided. This generates proper posture and balance all the way up the spine.
- Second, the feet are able to remodel themselves over time as they become accustomed to the new support.
Pelvic Tilt IdentificationChiropractors utilize orthotics when correcting anterior or posterior pelvic tilt. This is because the conditions are the direct result of a poor/weakened foundation. When there is little or no natural arch of the foot there is no support for the:
- Gluteal muscles
RebuildingChiropractic adjustments will be able to restore the lumbar support that was weakened or lost from foot issues. A chiropractor will go to the source or root of the problem. Foot orthotics can be a primary tool for re-training the feet for proper support. These orthotics are custom modeled to an individual’s feet. This promotes spinal and pelvic wellness combined with the right amount of support required for each foot. Over time, and as the feet remodel themselves the custom orthotics can also be remodeled allowing for continuous improvement. With time it’s possible for many to accomplish the restoration of the body’s musculoskeletal health. These include:
- Strengthened foot arches
- Stress and muscle tension alleviation
- A re-trained proper lower back support
- Restoration of proper spinal curvature
- Correct and retrain anterior/posterior pelvic tilting habits