Fasting is the abstinence or reduction from some or all meals, drink, or both, for a period of time.
- Absolute or quick fasting is generally defined as abstinence from all food and liquid for a specified interval.
- Tea and black coffee can be consumed
Water fasting means abstinence from all food and drink except water.
- Fasts can be intermittent or may be partially restrictive, limiting substances or particular foods.
- In a physiological context, fasting can refer to the status of a person that has not eaten or to a Metabolic state.
- Metabolic changes occur during fasting.
- Most types of fasts are performed over 24–72 hours
- Health benefits increased weight loss
- Better brain function.
- Promotes Blood Sugar Control
- Fights Inflammation
- Enhances Heart Health
- Cholesterol Levels
- Prevents Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Increases Growth Hormone Secretion
- Weight Loss
- Muscle Strength
Ex: a person is believed to be fasting after 8-12 hours have elapsed since their last meal.
Metabolic changes from the fasting state start after absorption of a meal usually 3-5 hours after eating.
- A diagnostic fast means prolonged fasting from 8-72 hours (depending on age) conducted under observation to facilitate investigation of health complications, such as hypoglycemia.
- People may also fast as part of a medical procedure or test, such as colonoscopy or operation.
- Finally, fasting can be a part of a ritual.
There are diagnostic tests to determine a fasting state.
Choosing Dr. Alex jimenez D.C. Injury Medical & Chiropractic Clinic
Dr. Alexander Jimenez0 88123 Subscribers
Purpose & Passions: I am a Doctor of Chiropractic specializing in progressive cutting-edge therapies and functional rehabilitation procedures focused on clinical physiology, total health, functional strength training and complete conditioning. We focus on restoring normal body functions after neck, back, spinal and soft tissue injuries.
We use Specialized Chiropractic Protocols, Wellness Programs, Functional & Integrative Nutrition, Agility & Mobility Fitness Training and Cross-Fit Rehabilitation Systems for all ages. We are focused on restoration of mobility, flexibility, agility and power after being injured. Restoration of a pain free life is our goal for our community and patients.
As an extension to dynamic rehabilitation, we too offer our patients, disabled veterans, athletes, young and elder a diverse portfolio of strength equipment, high performance exercises and advanced agility treatment options.
Health Food Substitutions & Functional Medicine Approaches to Better Food Choices.
Dr. Alexander Jimenez 8 views July 8, 2020 2:42 am
Nutrition and Fitness During These Times | El Paso, Tx (2020)
Dr. Alexander Jimenez 7 views July 7, 2020 5:14 pm
Personalized Medicine Genetics & Micronutrients | El Paso, Tx (2020)
Dr. Alexander Jimenez 13 views July 6, 2020 5:06 pm
Multistreaming with Restream.io
Dr. Alexander Jimenez 7 views June 29, 2020 9:36 am
The Functional Fitness Fellas | What is it? & Who Are They?
Dr. Alexander Jimenez 69 views May 17, 2020 2:46 pm
Health & Immunity Series 1of 4 | El Paso, Tx (2020)
Dr. Alexander Jimenez 36 views May 5, 2020 11:48 am
What is the FASTING MIMICKING DIET & STRESS HORMONES - HEALTH | El Paso, Tx (2020)
Dr. Alexander Jimenez 21 views May 5, 2020 11:09 am
Treating Inflammation Naturally | El Paso, Tx (2020)
Dr. Alexander Jimenez 52 views April 3, 2020 8:27 pm
Why Choose Functional Medicine - The "Why" Explained | El Paso, Tx (2020)
Dr. Alexander Jimenez 27 views March 30, 2020 12:11 pm
EVENTS CALENDAR: LIVE EVENTS & WEBINARS ❗️
( Sign Up Today )